GAN Provides June 2020
Internet Gambling Market
Update for Pennsylvania
GAN Provides June 2020 Internet Gambling Market Update for Pennsylvania as Reported by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
London | July 17, 2020: GAN Limited (the “Company” or “GAN”) (NASDAQ: GAN), a leading business-to-business supplier of internet gambling software-as-a-service solutions primarily to the U.S. land-based casino industry, today updated the market following the publication on July 16, 2020, by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (“PGCB”) of historical Internet gaming and Internet sports betting financial information for the State of Pennsylvania during the calendar month of June 2020.
Highlights from the PGCB include:
- Internet Gaming Win was $50.1 million in June, reflecting a decrease of 10.4% from the prior sequential month. This compares to:
• $55.8 million for the month of May;
• $43.1 million for the month of April; and
• $24.9 million for the month of March.
- Total Internet Sports Wagering Handle(1) was approximately $88.3 million for the month of June, up 13.9% from the prior sequential month despite the continued suspension/cancellation of most sporting events during the global COVID-19 pandemic. This compares to:
• $77.5 million for the month of May;
• $46.0 million for the month of April; and
• $118.3 million for the month of March, which was partially affected by the pandemic.
- Internet Sports Wagering Gross Revenues(2) (after payouts) for the month of June were $8.1 million. This compares to:
• $5.9 million for the month of May;
• $3.2 million for the month of April; and
• $7.9 million for the month of March.
- Gross amount of money accepted in wagers
- Internet Sports Wagering Gross Revenues may vary from month to month due to the payouts for future events occurring months after the original wager was made and unredeemed winning wagers from prior months will become deductible upon redemption in future months
The information in this press release is taken from a report published by the PGCB. The complete report is publicly available on the PGCB’s website at www.gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov. GAN is providing the information to enable the investor community to more readily monitor Internet gambling in Pennsylvania, which remains a key market for GAN. The numbers and trends reported are for the overall market in Pennsylvania as reported by the PGCB. They are not historical or expected results of operations for GAN.
About GAN Limited
GAN is a leading business-to-business supplier of internet gambling software-as-a-service solutions predominantly to the U.S. land-based casino industry. GAN has developed a proprietary internet gambling enterprise software system, GameSTACK™, which it licenses to land-based casino operators as a turnkey technology solution for regulated real-money internet gambling, encompassing internet gaming, internet sports gaming and virtual Simulated Gaming.
Head of Investor Relations
The Equity Group