Strong NJ Gambling Growth
for December 2019
GAN Reports Strong December 2019 Internet Gambling Growth For New Jersey
Internet Gambling Win Increased 71% from Prior Year Monthly Period
London | January 15, 2020: GAN plc (“GAN” or the “Company”), an award-winning developer and supplier of enterprise-level B2B Internet gambling software, services and online gaming content in the United States, today updated the market following the publication on January 14, 2020, by New Jersey’s Division of Gaming Enforcement (“DGE”) of Internet gaming and Internet sports betting financial information for the calendar month of December 2019 in New Jersey.
Highlights from the DGE include:
- Internet Gaming Win was $49.3 million in December compared to $29.0 million in the prior year period, reflecting a year-over-year increase of 70.0%.
- Total Internet Sports Wagering Handle(1) was approximately $488.9 million for the month of December, compared to:
• $486.8 million for the month of November 2019;
• $417.0 million for the month of October 2019; and
• $374.2 million for the month of September 2019.
- Internet Sports Wagering Gross Revenues(2) (after payouts) for the month of December were $25.5 million, compared to $14.7 million in December 2018, reflecting a year-over-year increase of 74.0%, and is further comparable to:
• $27.8 million for the month of November 2019;
• $38.7 million for the month of October 2019; and
• $29.4 million for the month of September 2019.
- Gross amount of money accepted in wagers
- Internet Sports Wagering Gross Revenues may vary from month to month due to the payouts for future events occurring months after the original wager was made and unredeemed winning wagers from prior months will become deductible upon redemption in future months
This information will be updated and published each month, following publication by the DGE, in order to enable the investor community to readily monitor growth of Internet gambling in New Jersey, which remains a key market for GAN.
About GAN Plc
GAN is a leading business-to-business (“B2B”) supplier of internet gambling software-as-a-service solutions (“SaaS”) to the US land-based casino industry. The Company has developed a proprietary internet gambling enterprise software system, GameSTACK™, which it licenses principally to land-based US casino operators as a turnkey technology solution for regulated real-money internet gambling, encompassing internet gaming, internet sports gaming and virtual Simulated Gaming.
GAN is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: GAN).
For more information please visit www.GAN.com.
For further information please contact
UK & Ireland Investors: Newgate Communications
+44 (0) 20 3757 6880
Davy (Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker)
John Frain / Barry Murphy
+353 1 679 6363
Liberum (Joint Broker)
Neil Patel / Cameron Duncan
+44 (0) 20 3100 2000